All Saints C of E Primary School’s Governing Body works as a team with the Headteacher and school staff to help provide a happy, safe and thriving learning environment and an excellent education for the children at our school.
The Governing Body is a corporate and legal body responsible for the conduct of the school. This includes:
- Agreeing and supporting the school’s vision, aims, targets and priorities
- Overseeing the financing of the school
- Providing a broad and balanced curriculum in a safe and stimulating environment.
The Full Governing Body (FGB) meets twice each term to look at the progress of the school and to discuss plans for improvement (using the School Improvement Plan). Every year the FGB has training on a relevant subject or need. Individual members also attend courses throughout the year to support their roles and responsibilities.
There are two committees made up of Governors that also meet six times a year:
- Curriculum Committee – members help ensure the National Curriculum is implemented at the school, to monitor the school improvement priorities, to call subject managers and leaders to present the curriculum and data and to keep abreast of curriculum developments. They also ensure the correct policies and procedures are followed.
- Resources Committee - members advise and assist the Headteacher and report to the FGB on matters relating to the provision of resources (premises, staffing, finance, etc) for the school. They also ensure the correct policies and procedures are followed.
Chair: Samantha Cairns
Vice Chair: Mike Griffiths
Headteacher: Nicky Osborne
Sam Jones (Parent Governor)
Katharine Mendelsohn (Local Authority)
Kevin Mahony (Co-opted)
Ann Craig (Co-opted)
Matthew Davis (Co-opted)
Stephen Jarvis (Co-opted)
Alistair Duncan (Parent Governor)
Anne Silvester (Staff governor)
Clerks to Governing Body
Rebecca Bundock, Nelianne Devexhiu